This healthy snack is a favourite for Liz, as you can individualise each apple the way you want it! Perfect if you’ve got little time to prep throughout the week!
Creating delicious and healthy snacks are a great way to keep your mental and physical energy up throughout the day.
Apple doughnuts are the perfect combination of nutrition and flavour to keep you going when you need it the most. A personal favourite of Liz is strawberry with yogurt and sunflower seeds, however there are plenty of combinations for you to discover.
- 4 Serves
- 10 Mins Prep
- 4 apples
- 1/3 cup light Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbs rolled oats
- 2 tsp Macro organic fruit shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 carrot, grated
- 16 sultanas
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 8 strawberries, finely diced
- 1 tbs sunflower seeds
1. Slice apples and use a small cookie cutter to remove cores. Spread yoghurt over each apple slice.
2. To make cinnamon crunch apple doughnuts, scatter rolled oats, coconut and cinnamon over yoghurt.
3. To make carrot cake apple doughnuts, scatter carrot, sultanas and pumpkin seeds over yoghurt.
4. to make strawberry jam apple doughnuts, place strawberry onto yogurt and scatter with sunflower seeds