- 1 Serves
- 2 beetroot trimmed, for snack
- 400g can Woolworths Select cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, for snack
- 2 tbs woolworths greek style yoghurt, for snack
- 2 tsp fresh lemons juice, for snack
- 3 wholegrain tortillas, for snack
- 1 cup diced honeydew melon
- slice of woolworths wholemeal soft sandwich bread
2 tsp hummus
- 1 boiled egg, mashed
- 20g sliced hillview cheese and extra
- 30g cut into cubes for snack
- 10g baby spinach leaves
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved, for snack
1. Put beetroot in a metal steamer. Place steamer over a large saucepan of simmering water. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until tender. Set aside for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
2. Wearing rubber gloves, peel beetroot and roughly chop. Place beetroot and cannellini beans in a food processor and process until well combined. Add yoghurt and lemon juice. Process again until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 180ºc. Spray baking tray lightly with oil. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 16 hearts from the tortillas. Place on tray. Spray hearts lightly with oil. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Serve with the beetroot dip. Store remaining hearts in an airtight container.
Lunch: egg, spinach & hummus sandwich. Spread bread with hummus. Top with egg, cheese and spinach. Top with second slice bread. Serve with honeydew melon.
Snack 1: beetroot & white bean dip with tortilla hearts (recipe above).
Snack 2: cheese & tomato.